If I actually sat down and did the math at how much I spend at Starbucks – mainly for breakfast because I work in a mall I would most likely be reevaluating all of my life choices up to this point. But that being said I am addicted to their egg bites, but I’m trying really hard to cut my spending and also continue to explore in the kitchen so egg white bites was the answer. This is the first time I have made these so bear with me but they actually turned out kinda amazing and now I have some protein packed breakfasts ready for the whole week!
- 16oz egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/4 cup mushroom
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
1.Chop mushroom, onion and pepper and saute on medium heat, preheat oven to 350
2. Add in spinach once other veggies are cooked all the way and saute until the are all fully cooked
3. In a 2 cup mixing glass add in the egg whites and one whole egg and mix together with salt and pepper
4. Add in sauteed veggies so it is easy to pour into muffin tins
5. Lightly oil the muffin tins and then add an equal amount to each tin
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 350
7. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut around edges and remove with a spatula
There you have it! Super easy and quick! You can add or take away whatever ingredients you fancy but what an amazing quick breakfast you can keep in the fridge for the whole week. This recipe makes 12 and will keep in the fridge for around 4-5 days.