One of my go-to dinners lately has been my pesto and feta stuffed chicken breasts. I am a HUGE pesto fan, I could eat it on absolutely everything. I am also obsessed with the Kirkland one because Costco, duh and it’s also incredibly tasty but not too overpowering with basil.
So on those nights when I don’t have much time or ingredients this is perfect. I always have chicken breasts in the freezer, again thank you Costco. I have been pairing the stuffed chicken breasts with a variety of sides from pasta alfredo to a nice roasted vegetables like broccoli or brussel sprouts. Okay let’s keep this short and sweet here is the recipe. (serves 2 but very flexible)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Feta crumbles
- Olive oil
- Set oven to 375 degrees F
- Make sure your thawed chicken breasts are dry and free of any extra fat. Cut a slit from the top to bottom, making sure it is nice and deep in the breast. It is best if the slit is on the thinner side of the breast for the best shape.
- Using a spatula or spoon place about 2 tablespoons of pesto inside each breast
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of feta crumbles on top of the pesto.
5. Gently push in the mixture to the back of the chicken breast and as best you can completely cover with the top of the breast
6. Lightly oil a pan and place breasts
7. Cook for 20-30 minutes depending on size
With this meal i choose to pair with hassle back potatoes (recipe to come) but like i said it can be paired with anything of your choosing. I absolutely love this simple recipe and it has quickly become a staple.
Yum! Enjoy 🙂